Monday, February 21, 2011

It’s funny how long it takes ideas and directions to coalesce into action.  I feel like I am still working on the bits and pieces of information, inspiration, technique, and enthusiasm that surrounded me in 2009.  At the time I was like hard packed earth unable to absorb all the life giving rain but as it sat there on the surface it began to percolate down to nourish that tiny flame.  It just needed to wait until I was ready to receive it.  Not only have I gained from the actual time at Pilchuck but I have also gained in the community of artists that it created. This group continues to be a source of information and encouragement and I look forward to future collaborations. 

This is an experimental piece "Maps".  I am working with the concept of the wafers.  I love how thin and fragile they are and misty and foggy, like memories.

No comments: