Monday, July 30, 2012

Pinterest

I am not sure I really get Pinterest.  I mean I understand it is sort of like a bulletin board where you collect things you like.  As an artist, I guess I could collect images that inspire me.  As a person who loves to cook, I could collect recipes.
I did sign up. However, amid the thousands of passwords I am supposed to remember, make them all unique, and change them all the time, I don't remember my password.  Nor do I really know where to go to find all these inspiring things. Actually the best place is Pinterest.  So that is funny to me, I could go look at all the things other people have put on their bulletin boards and then repin them to mine.  I don't know, it just seems easier to look at everyone else's boards.
Some people are doing a magnificent job of collecting terrific images.  A couple of my images have even been collected.  I think that is flattering.  But here is one of the problems, I am on the computer too much anyway!  In order to find cool things to pin, I would have to be trolling the internet to find them.
I guess I am drawing a line in the sand here and saying , for me, enough is enough and I am just going to be a voyeur and look at what you have been wasting time collecting...sorry.

No comments: