Thursday, January 2, 2014

It is the new year, 2014, wow.  I don't want to make this a resolution to write more often, I will just say it is an idea. 

I have a couple of things rolling around that I would like to think about doing.  One of them is to take a class from Keke Cribbs at Pilchuck.  It is two weeks and expensive.  First of all I have always loved her work.  I love the color, but mostly I love the story aspect of her work.  I love that she is not tied to a medium but to an idea.  I love working with glass but I have a vague feeling that I have been bumping my head on a "glass" ceiling. I am not sure if my feeling is a limitation of my creative ability and imagination or more of a log jam that needs to get cleared out.  I may not be able to fix that all by myself.  That is what makes me wonder that taking the class from KeKe might be the kick I need.  If nothing else it might make the answer to the question clearer to me.

The other thing is that I am constantly being asked to teach classes.  I have done it in my small studio.  But if I do that I am not actually able to work myself.  I signed up to do our local outdoor show this year so that is on my plate.  But that is not my only hesitation.  I have not taken a billion classes. I have been pretty holed up in my studio.  Therefore, I haven't learned all the latest and greatest.  I will have to do some work, experimentation, and testing before I really feel like I can do a good job with that.  I mean I obviously know the nuts and bolts but I would like to offer some information on current ideas.

Well, there you have it, two ideas...rolling around, kind of like marbles.  They are not really going any where exactly.

No comments: