Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Airport Show and Class


This is a busy week for me. For one and most obvious, I decided to start a blog about what I am doing with my art. However, I really have no idea what I am doing with my blog so this will be a new adventure.

Secondly and most importantly, I am preparing to teach a week long course at Florida State University's Master Craftsmen Program. I have been working all week on the curriculum and emphasis for the course that is offered through the Educators program. I think we will have fun. We will be working on pattern bars that we will come back to my home studio to slice up to include in our final project. I think it will be fun.

I am also delivering a piece, "Dancing with Van Gogh" to the Tallahassee Airport Gallery to be included in a show for members of the NW Florida Committee of the National Museum of Women in the Arts.
Friday I am going to the opening of "Go Green" an exhibition of art by the Florida State University's Museum of Fine Art Artists League. This year we choose an environmental theme. It was juried by Commissioner Cliff Thaell and his wife, Georgjean Marchulis.
I will let you know about the opening and keep you posted on my class.

No comments: