Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FSU Artists League GO Green

Although it was sad to see the children's art from the Story show taken down, it was interesting to see the Artists' League response to the Go Green theme.
There were some very interesting pieces. I especially liked the bicycle lawnmower combination. However, I felt pretty old when a young women asked me about what the front push mower was!
My piece is Salvaged Nature. It is a large flat piece made from all my scraps with a window of clear that has a silk screened tree and sandblasted leaves on the back. I was a bit surprised to see it up on the pedestal because I thought of it on the floor and maybe even outside, but I liked it up like that. As always, Wayne does a great job of lighting.
In some ways I think that the Go Green theme goes well with artists, we tend to be a fairly thrifty group; materials being precious.

No comments: