Saturday, January 2, 2016

Crazy thinking

Showering for some reason always seems to open my mind up and I never know where it will go.  Sometimes I have some really creative ideas and sometimes they are just weird.  This morning was a weird line of thought.

I started thinking about when and if my Mom moved in with us and whether or not I would have to take her to church.  Would I go and sit with her or just wait in the car?  Really, I thought, I would have to go in with her.  I don't attend church and I haven't for 40 years or so.  I am pretty much an atheist or at the very least on the hairy edge of atheism and agnosticism.  I imagined the Pastor asking me if I believed that Jesus Christ was my savior and I would have to say a definitive no.  Then he asked me if I believed in Heaven.  Again, no, I don't.  Then he asked do you believe in a soul.  Now here is where I began to digress into a off the wall train of thought.  I said."Well, if I did believe in a soul then wouldn't all living creatures have a soul?  Wouldn't not just mammals but all creatures have a soul?"  I mean what makes mammals special...just because we are one?

What if humans where not mammals?  What if we laid eggs?  I thought well wouldn't that solve some issues today, because then if you didn't want your egg, you could just give it to someone else to sit on and keep warm.  Really, you wouldn't even have to do that because you could just keep it in an egg warmer.  You could really take this right on down into crazy town if you wanted.  Just keep extrapolating....


So all that in the shower today.....

No comments: