Thursday, January 7, 2016

Themes

Artists League 30th anniversary Show will be about Nudes.

I don't like themed art shows.  It's not that I can't think of something to do.  I think it has more to do with doing something that is out of my stream of consciousness.  I know, I know, I am supposed to stretch myself.  Yet, we are told to build a body of work, to have a cohesive body of work.  So I work on that and believe me, I have enough trouble doing that.  So now you want me to make something to fit your parameters. 

Nude animals, nude hands legs feet, partial nudity, abstract nudity, or nudity of spirit. (I don't know what nudity of spirit is I just threw that in there); these are all possibilities.  Really however, you are talking about nudes.  I know that nudity doesn't have to be lascivious or erotic. I know the human body is beautiful. Maybe I am prudish.  I don't really think so.  Well, maybe.  

I know I could adjust some of my "people" with their colors and patterns and fit them into your definition of "Nudity" but that is not the way I want them seen, it is not my intention.  I think it is important that one's work be seen within it's intention.  

Well, so there it is.  I am a bit prudish, inflexible with my intention, and a little bit contrary.  


No comments: